Last night was our final cake decorating class at Hobby Lobby.
First, we learned to make sweet peas and ribbons.

Then we decorated our final cake. Samantha chose to make the one with roses.

She did a great job!

I made one for
Halloween. Even though it wasn't in the book, I used all the techniques taught in the class. I used canned icing because the kids like it better so, that is why my cake isn't smooth. I didn't realize how crooked it was until I posted this picture
lol.

I personally am glad it is over. Wednesday nights weren't the best night for us to do this. It was always stressful trying to get all the supplies ready before class. We did enjoy the class and we enjoyed learning something new. But more than anything, we enjoyed spending time together!
3 comments:
I love that you do these types of things with your children. I am just not creative and every time I try to sit down and do something like this I get frustrated and just give up. I have been praying for some serious patience!!
Those cakes looks AMAZING and nummy! :)
Great job! Love the rose cake and I bet the pumpkin cake tastes good no matter if it's crooked or not.
Who made the cake shape rules anyway!? Love your cakes! It's a grand thing to continue learning things! Good job to both of you!
Post a Comment