Valentine's Day...we had a really hard time getting into the spirit of the whole holiday thing this year. I don't know if it's because the children are getting older or if it's because we have been eating the candy already. William and I go out every week so that wasn't anything new. I think we enjoyed playing in the snow more than anything. The cards, candy, and balloons were nice too.

our cookies are usually baked the night before but this year we made the dough the night before and finally got around to making the cookies later Sun. afternoon. (much later)

Samantha baked this loaf of bread on Sat. It turned out really cute. Can you see the heart on the end?

Samantha's gift to us this year was a pancake breakfast. She made all the pancakes in the shape of a heart.

We woke up to a yard full of nice fluffy white snow. We all bundled up and went outside and played. We had major snowball fights. Nathan thought this position would give him lots of ammunition and a strategic place to throw from. But it made him and easy target.
haha!

Maddie was so excited that we let her play outside too!

After I was exhausted from the snowball fight (boy, I'm out of shape) we made a snowman. You can't believe how excited William and I were about this. In our entire lives, we have never made a "real" snowman. The snow was perfect and rolled right up into a ball.


Time for some engineering. How to get the huge ball on top of the other one. It was too heavy to pick up so they made a ramp and voilá, our snowman was born!


And special birthday wishes to Kellye Beth who celebrated her 17th birthday yesterday! Hope you had a great day!!
1 comment:
Great snowman! Tell Nathan that Aunt Theresa knows what to get him for his birthday this year- a coat! love you
Post a Comment