Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hearts Everywhere

Lydia and I went crazy making hearts to decorate the house. We found this great craft idea on skip to my lou . It is a very easy and inexpensive way to decorate for Valentine's Day. Plus it is so much fun to do!

We started by shaving red, pink, red-orange and brick crayons. We made a huge plate full because we didn't know how much it would take. It only takes a small bit. Wish I would have known that before I made a blister on my finger ;-( Also, it is important to cover your ironing board with newspaper.
We used paper between the iron and the wax paper. When we wanted a more smeared, thin look, we ironed directly on the wax paper.If you get it on your iron it will wash right off.
And now there are pretty hearts hanging all over my house!!

There are complete instructions on the Skip to My Lou website if you are interested in trying this project. I would rate it as: easy. Smaller children will need a little help with the ironing but I think it will be easy enough for them.

No comments: