A couple of weeks ago I mentioned I was working on a project. Well, here it is. Back in the winter, before a new baby, I found my old baby doll bed in storage. I took it out and cleaned it up and decided I would make a mattress and
comforter for it. I wonder why I ever put this in storage?

Oh yeah...now I remember why. I won't mention any names because at the time when I questioned my wee little girls neither of them was guilty. "Who did this?" I asked. "Not me" was the answer I got from both. So in to storage it went! I have tried and tried to get the marking off of it but alas it's no use.

I bought the fabric and batting for a mattress, quilt, flannel sheets and a pillow. I threaded my machine and I was ready to go!

I called my sister to find out how to make corners and presto, I was sewing! How hard could this be, right? Well......I cut the pattern two inches too big. So, I had to go back and rip out the
stitches, re-cut the fabric and do it all over again.

But alas, i finished and it fit perfectly.

One down and another to go.
Unfortunately that one has been a little harder. I'm working on the quilt and I can't get the tension right in the machine. I have ripped out thousands of stitches. So much I have thread everywhere! I can't even imagine how hard it is going to be to put the binding around the outside of it.
Why does this have to be so hard. It looks so easy. I am determined to learn though. I have several projects that I would love to make from the blogs listed on the right side of my
page. I look at those things on a daily basis and think how wonderful it would be to be able to
create such wonderful things. In my old age I have come to decide that homemade is better. Someone put love and lots of time into an item and it was created just for them. How much better could you ask for? I have a whole new respect for my homemade quilts and crocheted
shaws.
So here's the plan. I tell my children that anything worth learning requires time and practice. Key word here is practice, practice, practice. So once our cake decorating lessons are over, I'm going to get to know my machine. Find out what she likes and doesn't like. Then I'm going to spend lots of time with her and eventually I hope we will become so
intimate that I will be able to create anything I want to! Sounds like a relationship doesn't it? I guess that's what it really requires to be good at something. So wish me luck, I have a long list of things I want to learn to do and this is only the beginning!!
1 comment:
You've done a great job! I knew you could. After seeing how wonderful you did when you worked on your scrapbooks, I realized, "hey my sister has talent." Keep up the good work, and good luck on the cake decorating, too. Love you-T
Post a Comment