Our neighbor has a new batch of kittens so we borrowed a couple to play with for a little while. We
wondered how Maddie would react to the little guys. She seemed to enjoy them but at the same time, she was a little scared of them. Little kittens are so sweet! I've often said, "I wish they had a place where you could rent a pet for the day",
after all, that is the way to go!


We took one night to ride around and look at Christmas lights. Maddie yells "lights" as we pass by all the houses. I love all the new words she says. She is becoming a very talkative young lady. One of her favorite words is "vacuum." She is
absolutely obsessed with the vacuum.





One afternoon I pulled out the old sesame street train because the big kids were playing slot cars and I thought it would be just the right size for Maddie. Lydia enjoyed showing her how to make the barrels load and unload. Now she had a fun thing to do too!

I finished painting the kitchen this week.I couldn't decide whether I should paint the cabinet above the bar or not because it is connected to the
living room. I finally decided it had to be painted. I'm glad I did it. It looks so much better, don't you think? It has been a busy week of cleaning carpets and finishing up undone projects.


I have to include this in my post. It's just so heart-warming. William came home the other night with this little angel. He said he just couldn't pass it up. I'm sure you can tell why. What do you think of a 14 year old boy whose only Christmas wish is to get warm socks and gloves? It certainly makes you appreciate what you have a little more. We went out Wed. night and bought him lots of socks and a really nice pair of gloves.

On Sat. Lydia went over to granddad's and helped Stuart decorate their Christmas tree. I think they did a pretty good job. And then...

Nathan and I picked them up and went to
Guntersville's Christmas parade. It was he first parade we had ever been to in the dark so it was a pretty fun experience. We made it to the end of the parade before it started to lightly rain. It is very hard to capture photos at night though...




And we ended our week with a very special baby dedication. My friend
Gia invited us to join them for Miss Piper
Lynlee Day's dedication. She is baby to Mrs. Alicia Downs Day and
Gia's first
grandbaby. It was a very special time. She is still so teeny tiny. Alicia is a
little blurred because she was rocking back and forth and it
was really hard to get a good photo. Also in the photo is Gia's son Josh and her husband David.

And that's our week in review. It was a great week spent with family and loved ones. Who could ask for anything better!!
No comments:
Post a Comment