Monday, June 6, 2011

And the birthday must go on...

William's birthday fell on day 3 of no power. Fortuanely most of his gifts were already purchased with the excetion of a few things I wanted to pick up from Walmart. I decided those things would have to wait until things calmed down a bit and Walmart was back up and running with power.

Maddie was excited and helped him open all his presents.


Publix was up and running at full speed. The first day they were running on limited power but by the second day, they were back in business. We are so grateful for Publix. We ate like kings and had more than enough ice to keep things cold while the power was out. And since their bakery was back up and running, I grabbed some cupcakes to surprise William. I was going to make him a chocolate whipped cream cake but that will have to be put on hold for father's day. All in all, I think he enjoyed the day.

No comments: