Friday, June 25, 2010

Crafty and Thrifty

Last month I was inspired by this project from weewonderfuls. I searched everywhere online for the Japanese kokko large strawberry fabric but it was sold out everywhere I looked. I finally found something similar on e-bay and purchased it.
This week I finally got around to cutting out my squares. Maddie helped me a little bit.
I got all my squares cut out and ready to sew. My hope is that today I will have time to sit down and put it all together. It is going to be a summer picnic blanket/tablecloth. I'm showing you now in case it all falls to pieces while I'm sewing. You all know what a great seamstress I am...not. (smile)
I'm also headed out to get this waffle maker I found at a thrift store the other day. I should have grabbed it last week when I found it but I couldn't make up my mind. I hope it is still there.

and speaking of waffle makers, I just have to share this one. I think it is simply adorable. It is a must have if you have small children. I have put it on my amazon wish list :-) They also have a couple of different ones but this one is my favorite. Btw, that is a clown just in case you are wondering. It took us a minute to figure it out.

Have a great day and wish me luck as we head out thrifting!!

No comments: