Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Our Maddie Day


We kept Maddie Saturday while Rachael went to Six Flags. It was supposed to be a fun day with lots of activities planned to keep a 2 year old busy. Instead, I woke up at 6:30 am with a child crying hysterically for her mommy with a runny nose and chest congestion. I knew then that it was going to be a l-o-n-g day. It took a few minutes to get her quieted down because not only was her momma gone but Nathan and Poppy were missing also. She is very serious about having all "her people" around her. She did finally calm down so we decided it was a great day to go to a few yard sales, hoping it would help time pass faster. It was the best yard sale day ever. We found all kinds of things we could use and it was all within a 5 mile radius. I probably only used 2 gal. of gas. Which is important because what's the use of finding great bargains if you spend 20$ in gas finding them. I found Maddie this cute Minnie Mouse costume for only $1.00. Once we got back to the house she couldn't wait to put it on. She is still very much into Miss Minnie Mouse.




It was already hot and humid out by 9am. It felt like it was summer already. Which reminded me that I am not looking forward to summer...
Samantha and Maddie had lunch under the shade tree. Then we spent the rest of the day playing babies, kitchen center, napping, and finally a trip to the park. There the girls went down every slide over and over again. Once I started being attacked by mosquitoes it was time to go home. Once again another reminder of something I'm not looking forward to.
Then it was time for a bath and a movie.



Maddie crawled in the chair next to me and went to sleep. She must have been very tired because this is a first.

No comments: